Feed Mill Operator
The role of Feed Mill Operator is a general hand role working in the feed mill of Darwalla Milling Company, a south-east Queensland poultry operator located at Mt Cotton. This position will take responsibility for feed mill operations, raw material handling, production planning, meeting occupational health and safety requirements within the feed mill and liaising with farms on a daily basis.
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated previous experience in the operation of machinery, such as fork lifts, loaders, etc.
- Possession of a reasonable level of education to enable the incumbent to undertake the inherent job requirements such as update and maintain feed mill records, conduct tests, operate electronic control panels, etc
- Basic degree of computer literacy including knowledge and experience in the use of Microsoft office
- Possession of a fork lift licence and loader licence is highly desirable
- Demonstrated ability to work as integral member of a team, driven to meet industry “best practice” standards and continually improve the business
- Self motivated and ability to demonstrate effective time management skills with an ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Able to demonstrate developed interpersonal verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate clear information to all relevant stakeholders
- Able to demonstrate proven compliance with Health, Safety and Environment policies and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to undertake on the job training and a willingness to learn new tasks
Hours of work span between Monday to Friday with weekend work required from time to time. This industry is a 24/7 operation and therefore flexibility is essential pending production load. The roster for this role rotates from morning to afternoon shift.
Darwalla is an equal opportunity employer.
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates should apply through Seek forwarding a covering letter and resume no later than 5th July 2018.
The Darwalla Group is a well established and progressive organisation that understands its employees make a valuable contribution to the success of the business.
We offer the opportunity to gain experience across a wide range of sections in the poultry processing industry with a company experiencing constant growth. Our mentoring program is designed to develop our people to ensure succession within the organisation.
Our employees are recognised throughout the industry as being leaders in their field and highly trained poultry production experts.
- Competitive pay rates
- Industry training
- Commitment to the Health and Safety of all employees
- Access to parking on-site